about     contact     press     rss feed     archive     twitter     pinterest     bloglovin'     shop

So This Is the New Year

12.31.2012

Labels: , , ,




sequin top and leather shorts by Style Stalker
tights from H&M

She doesn't get to kiss her lover on midnight, he's hours and miles away.  Waiting for the end of 2012 with a bottle of cheap champagne in hand.  She'll smile at clean jokes and pretend not to notice the condescending attitudes of family members.  Looking the part, but knowing deep down that New Years Eve is one of the biggest let-downs of the year.

I don't believe in resolutions, but I am excited for what 2013 is going to bring.  I'll be graduating, hopefully landing a job, and moving.  Actually, 2013 sounds extremely anxiety-inducing...and in less than 24 hours it will be here.

"So this is the new year,
I don't feel any different."

shop | twitter | instagram | pinterest | bloglovin' | ifb

6 comments:

  1. I don't believe in resolutions either, people should take it easy! Best wishes! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you on Bloglovin now! I wanted to wish you a Happy New Year!! Thank you for sharing your blog with us this year and Have an amazing beginning of 2013!!
    Hope you keep visiting my blog and stay in touch!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have similar shorts from Style Stalker. They are so freckin good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sequins and platforms! Come by if you have time, maybe we could follow each other?
    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, resolutions are useless. I just like setting goals.
    Looking sparkly, my friend, and I love your smile :) sounds like your year will be exciting!

    ReplyDelete